ECF & DLF 2015: NGO Peer Knowledge Exchange
- NGO Digital Innovation
ECF is the annual global event for experienced campaigning, fundraising and digital practitioners to connect, share and learn.
- What do people say about ECF?
At ECF & DLF, you set your agenda and we help you find others who share it. The few speakers and panels help provoke thought. The result: you learn more and connect with more people. This is the way events should be.
Campaigners now depend on digital as an integral part of their campaigning. Whether that’s using mobile in developing countries, influencing decision makers via email or online petitions, combining data to identify visualise issues or crowd-sourcing research or donations. Outreach led by Duane Raymond of FairSay.
Fundraisers are increasingly realising that combining fundraising with campaigning provides new fundraising possibilities, new campaigning capabilities and excellent returns. While digital fundraising still makes a secondary contribution to most organisations, it is growing fast, engaging younger supporters and seen as increasingly important. By connecting and sharing with other fundraisers and people in other roles, people are learning how to work together to achieve shared goals. Outreach led by Lucy Gower of Lucy Innovation.
Digital leaders are digital managers/innovators who provide digital expertise across the organisation. To bring the full benefits and opportunities of the digital age to their organisation, they need to learn from others’ experiences of managing change internally and externally. Outreach led by Branislava Milosevic of Digital Leadership Ltd.
- Volunteer coordinators/managers are the latest addition to ECF. Volunteering is a key supporter activity in the same way as activism and donating with substantial common ground. In addition, since volunteer managers work to recruit and coordinate highly involved supporters, campaigners and fundraisers need to work with them while volunteer managers need to learn how to engage and mobilise digitally. So there is an opportunity for a great exchange at ECF 2015. Outreach led by A.S. Mani of Reach Volunteering UK.
ECF runs on ‘Chatham House Rules’ (= nothing is attributed without permission) so everybody can freely talk about their failures and successes.
Have we missed something that you’re itching to hear about? Come along and suggest the session you want.
- Upcoming Events
- Online course: eCampaigning overview May 01, 2017 - Jul 31, 2017
- Online course: Campaign planning May 01, 2017 - Jul 31, 2017
- eCampaigning overview workshop Jun 01, 2017 - Jun 30, 2017 — Based on demand
- eCampaigning overview course Aug 29, 2017 09:00 AM - 05:30 PM — Copenhagen, Denmark
- Masters in Media, Campaigning and Social Change Sep 01, 2017 12:00 AM — London, UK
- eCampaigning Forum Europe 2017 Oct 25, 2017 - Oct 27, 2017 — UfaFabrik, Berlin, Germany