Policy Contents (2016)
- Fee Terms and Conditions: Refund policy, etc.
- What is Covered by the Participation Fee?
Your details will be used:
- Booking details: Saved as a record of who applied and preferences/needs.
- For Participants: Used for essential communication pre and post event leading up to and immediately following the event
- Email address added to the event email discussion list of other participations
- Participants Name, Organisation, Role, Country URL and Twitter username will be publicly listed
- Participants Name, Organisation, Role, Country, Email, Phone and IM details will only be distributed to other participants in printed format at the event and in electronic format after the event
- Participants name and organisation will be provided to the venue receiption to facilitate entry to the venue
- Participants agree that any photos, video or audio in which they appear and taken by FairSay can be used and distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales license.
- Applicants eligible to participate in a pre and/or post meeting will have relevant details passed to the appropriate pre-meeting coordinator
- Applicants indicating an interest in an offer by a third party will have their basic details (name, email, organisation, role) passed on to that third party.
- For applicants and participants: subscribed to the ECF community email discussion list after the event in order to facilitate your continued engagement with the rest of the community
- For applicants and participants: invited to join and participate in various social networks in order to facilitate your engagement with the rest of the community
At any time you can ask for any of these uses to not apply to you and/or can remove yourself from any email list or other social network in which you are included.
How your details will not be used:
- Your details will not be sold, traded or otherwise distributed to others other than is specifically outlined above
- You won't be added to any email list without having specifically opted-in for it, other than is mentioned above
- Fees due in full 15 days from the date os issue or by the day before the event - whichever comes first. The organising fee rate is only valid for these 15 days after which a new invoice may be issued if the organising fee has increased.
- Participation is only confirmed upon receipt of the fee following a offer to attend (and assuming the participation offer hasn't been withdrawn due to late payment of fees)
- Payments by Credit Card via Pay Pal will also be billed for the processing fee FairSay incurs so that FairSay receives is the full invoiced amount.
- There are no discounts or refunds for only attending part of the event.
Cancellations and Refunds
Cancellations and refunds only apply if the person cancelling cannot/will not nominate another qualifying person to take their place.
- 100% Refund: If cancelled more than 15 days in advance
- 75% Refund: If cancelled 7-15 days in advance
- 50% Refund: If cancelled less than 2-7 days in advance
- 0% Refund: If cancelled less than 2 days in advance or a registered participant does not show up at the event
- The amount refunded shall be the amount originally received by FairSay after credit card or international fees were deduced and the recipient is responsible for paying any baking fees incurred in refunding the amount.
- Refunds may be dealt with after the event and once all fees have been received and expenses paid
Rescheduling a training
If a training/workshop is missed (e.g. due to sickness, bereavement, parental duties):
- It may be rescheduled the next time the training is run within 12 months.
- The first time it is missed, no additional cost will be charged.
- The second time it is missed (and thus they are scheduled on a third date), a rescheduling fee of 25% of the course fee will be invoiced to cover the costs of catering, venue rental, logistics and trainer time.
- If the invoice is unpaid, it will be re-issued at the rate for the re-scheduled training (for which no discounts will apply)
- Participation in the booked training(s)
- Lunch, 3 tea/coffee breaks a day and any associated venue service charges
- Use of the meeting rooms and facilities for the trainings booked
- Hiring facilitators, organiser effort, printed materials, etc.
Any additional options selected when applying (e.g. accommodation, dinner) are not included in the 'participation fee'.