Jul 2011 Edition
Have you turned away from the Dark Side?
Greenpeace have raised the bar again with their new click here to help me get a campaign t-shirt.)
Plenty of e-campaigning activity this month, with work days planned in London, Amsterdam and Manchester, and a possible Cardiff/Bristol day under discussion.
- Famine crisis in East Africa by DEC
- VW Dark Side by Greenpeace UK
- Anti-Murdoch campaigns: 38Degrees, etc.
- Liberate Tate, the Church of Earthalujah
- Detox Challenge, Greenpeace International
- Climate Reality by Al Gore
...and many more of course.
Get out of your office and work alongside others from the sector at an eCampaigning Forum work day. You'll be surprised at the benefits (and so will your boss)!
- London, Friday 15 July, hosted by WSPA UK
- Amsterdam, Friday 15 July, hosted by WG Terrein
A possible Bristol/Cardiff ECF work day is also in the pipeline: contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in finding out more.
Topics of the month
Catch up with the ECF list last month. Topics include:
- Mobile apps
- Social media ROI
- Google +1 button
- Social proof
- Making the most of RSS
- Growing your email list
- Best practice on opt ins
Campaigners and academics have lots to learn from one another, so we're looking to bring them together for a Call for Papers here, and please pass on to anyone you think may be interested.
What we're up to
- Jess is working on some tailored analysis for British Heart Foundation.
- Brie is continuing her work with Oxfam's Grow campaign.
- Duane is working on e-activist best practice for ActionAid UK and analysing Greenpeace UK's e-action performance.